STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK!
As we have done throughout the pandemic, we are following the guidelines of the SHA. Currently, there are no restrictions given to dance schools from the government. That being said, our goal is the health and safety of our dancers and families and as always if the situation changes, we will adjust our guidelines.
We are going to ask all dancers to bring a mask – it is their option to wear it all the time, but instructors may ask them to put them on in certain situations.
We ask that all who enter the studio still hand sanitize. We are not going to be checking in dancers as they arrive or taking temperatures at this time. The foyer will be open if parents would like to stay but seating will be limited.
The dancers will enter the front door but if they are in the big studio, we are going to have them exit through the back door of the studio.
To help in the transition between classes, we would like dancers to come in the minimum amount of clothing possible (they probably don’t need a toque or mitts to run from the car to the studio).
We are also asking to take another look at the COVID questions, and to keep your child home if they are not feeling well for the safety of the rest of the dancers.
If for any reason a dancer or immediate family member is experiencing the following symptoms, they should refrain from attending any group activity:
Fever, Chills, Cold or Flu-like symptoms, runny nose, headache, sore throat, aches and pains, loss of sense of taste or smell, shortness or breath or difficulty breathing.
If an individual answers YES to any of the questions, they must NOT be allowed to participate in the activity.
**These questions must be answered before each practice:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: severe difficulty breathing, chest pain, confusion, extreme drowsiness, or loss of consciousness?
- YES or NO
- Do you have a new onset of any of the following symptoms: fever/chills, cough, sore throat/hoarse voice, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, or diarrhea for more than 24 hours?
- YES or NO
- Were you exposed to someone who is under investigation for COVID-19 or has been confirmed as having COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- YES or NO (Please follow the guidelines given to you by SHA if you are considered a close contact)
- In the past 14 days have you returned from international travel?
- YES or NO
If you have answered “YES” to any of the above questions do not participate. Proceed home and use the SHA Online Assessment Tool to determine if testing is recommended or call the Sask Healthline 811 for further help.