To make a request to use credits, click on the link below:
Mandatory Fundraising Updated June 2022
Reasons for Fundraising:
Fundraising is a huge part of our non-profit organization. Those funds go towards running the organization. The purpose of volunteering/participating in fundraising events is to help keep dance fees low. Additionally, we as a dance family get to bond and know one another better. All families have a choice in which events you want to participate in or if you want to simply buyout the fundraising requirement.
**Our dance year runs from September 1st to August 31st, so our fundraising options follow these dates.
|GROUP||Number of bingos required||Buyout Amount|
Every family must provide a cheque or leave a credit card on file for the buyout amount at beginning of the dance year for each child. If you choose to not do any bingos or fundraising to cover the buyout amount, the cheques will be cashed or the credit card will be charged.
- Once you have worked the the required amount, any further fundraising over this amount will go straight to the banked credit account for the family.
- You cannot carry over any performance bond or bingos to the following year – each dancer starts the dance year owing the performance bond for that year. You cannot use banked credits to cover your buyout.
WAYS TO WORK OFF YOUR MANDATORY FUNDRAISING AND GET BANKED CREDITS
All the following worker/seller/lead organizer goes toward your volunteer bond amount first, and anything extra goes to your credit account.
|NAME OF FUNDRAISERS||SELLER/WORKER PORTION||LEAD ORGANIZER PORTION|
|Bingos||to be determined|
|Perogies||45% profit from your order||$75/each order|
|Mosaic Stadium Events||$11/hour||TBD|
|Other fundraisers for individuals credits||% profit of individuals portion||5% of total profit (fundraiser must be presented and approved by Tavria Board)|
|Festival Registrar Festival Kitchen Lead||N/A||$300 $200|
- There are certain fundraisers that are directly put towards the running of the school – no individual credits earned but lead organizer get 5% of profit. Each fundraiser will specify the intent. Example: Meat fundraiser is a general fundraiser. The Fudge Fundraiser was a % for family credits.
The amount in your family credit account can be used towards the following:
- Costuming (must have full amount of total rentals in banked account before you can use – cannot use for partial payment)
- Dance Camps (put on by Tavria or another group)
- Dance Shoes that we place group orders for
- Dance Fees
- Out of town registration fees for festivals
- Out of town group trips (booked and paid for by Tavria such as a bus trip or larger)
If a dancer leaves the organization, and there are credits in the account, but a sibling remains, all credits remain with the family. If the entire family leaves, then Tavria holds the credits for one year. If they do return within the year, the credits are returned to the family. If the family doesn’t return and if the family is clear of all their volunteer bonds, have returned costumes, and one (1) year has passed since the last family member danced with Tavria, the following can happen with their banked credits:
o credits can be transferred to another family
o credits can go to Tavria (no cash value)
o credits can go into an Angel Account