Our costume committee, through its dedication and imagination, has created, and continues to create, costumes for use at all levels of the organization.
The organization believes that club-owned costuming creates opportunities for dancers to experience multiple regions of the Ukraine without having to incur the expense of owning their own costumes for each region. This is especially important at the senior levels of the organization, where a dancer may learn dances from four regions or more within a single year.
Our costume committee members are always ready to answer any questions in regard to our costuming.
Contact the Tavria studio at 306-352-4596 for more information.
Costumes for 2017-2018
Sadochuk – Level 1 Sadochuk
Beginner 1 – Level 1 Poltavsky
Beginner 2 – Level 2 Central Blue
Junior 1 – Level 2 Central Red, Level 1 Hutzul, Level 1 Contemporary
Junior 2 – Level 2 Central Green, Level 2 Hutzul, Level 1 Contemporary
Intermediate – Level 2 Contemporary Girls, Level 3 Poltavsky Boys, Level 3 Hutzul, Level 1 Polissia
Tavrianka 1 – Level 3 Central Girls, Level 1 Hopak Boys, Level 4 Hutzul, Level 1 Volyn
Tavrianka 2 – Level 1 Hopak, Level 2 Volyn, Level 2 Polissia, Level 2 Buko, Level 3 Contemporary
Ensemble – Level 2 Hopak, Level 3 Volyn, Level 3 Polissia, Level 2 Transcarpathian, Level 3 Bukovina, Level 4 Central Girls
Costumes Available for 2017-2018 Season
-Level 3 Boys and Girls
-Level 1 Boys and Girls
Some tips for Costumes, Hair and Makeup
- Hairspray and hair nets are a must for girls.
- More bobby pins are better than less.
- Make sure you have red lipstick for the girls otherwise the audience can not see their mouth on stage – lighter shades get washed out by the lights.
- Pin beads down on either side of the chest so they don’t fly up and hit the girl or slide backwards and choke them.
- Take a look at the costume picture (and double check with costume committee or instructor) to make sure headpieces are on properly. Some are parallel to the floor, some are like a headband.
- Hutzul – put on the back skirt panel first and the front panel second.
- Tie all belts tight!
- Tuck in laces on shoes.