We are able to work 1-2 Bingos per month at the Centennial Bingo Hall. Dates are posted on our calendar. Workers get $40 that goes to the volunteer bond for the year. Once that is fulfilled, any amounts over that go into their credits.
The bingo co-ordinator sends out a google doc with a bingo signup two weeks before each bingo. When you sign up, you will see a few positions that need to be there at 4pm and the rest at 4:45pm. Bingos are done between 9:40 and 10:00pm.
The positions you can sign up for are:
- All workers/co-ordinators need to park in the back but come in through the front main doors and get their temperature taken.
- At the end of the evening program ALL garbage bags need to be changed. Every single one, unless it only has 1 or 2 dirty items in it. NO combining dirty garbage bags (like we used to do). Each garbage bin requires a NEW garbage bag. This is done Sunday – Wednesday bingos.
- Masks will be provided by the hall or you can bring your own.
- Gloves will not be supplied but you can wear them if you prefer.
- Don’t have your cell phone out on the floor.
- RUN if you are the nearest person to a bingo. The quicker we get the Bingos, the quicker we get to go home! Try and spread out so the whole place is covered and there is always someone close to whoever yells Bingo.
- If you need to go to the bathroom or are on your break, leave your apron at the counter.
- If you are at the counter, they really don’t want drinks or food back there.
- We are able to order large pizzas from Western Pizza for $16. Talk to the bingo captain if you want to place an order